Originally, iTunes won’t open after updating to the latest version of iTunes. As such, iTunes may freeze every time you are about to launch it. This application may malfunction due to many reasons. Users were surprised and started searching for the exact methods that might help them.
Due to older iTunes applications, this problem is most common. In addition, if you closed the iCloud music library, it is also possible that you may encounter the same problem. If the country or region is not set correctly, the same problem is likely to occur on your Windows 10 device.
So, if you are also troubling with this irritative issue, then you are in the right place. This article can help you to get rid of this issue on your own.
Effective Methods to Fix the iTunes Won’t Open Windows 10 Issue:
In this article, we are going to tell you some effective methods that can help you to fix the iTunes won’t open on PC issues. So read all the effective solutions and fix the error without any kind of hassle.
But before going to the main part, we suggest turning your device back on once. Because even a simple restart can solve the problem in many cases.
Solution 1: Launch iTunes in Safe Mode
This is the most reliable and effective solution that helps to fix this iTunes won’t open error. Starting iTunes in safe mode is equally effective for fixing other iTunes related issues.
- To do this, the first and foremost thing you have to do is to tap the “Ctrl +Shift” button together and click on the iTunes software.
- Next, you can see that the pop-up box will open on your screen.
- After that, you must Access on it and as well as start the option in Safe Mode.if this method is workable for you, then review the installed plugins.
- After that, you must be exit the iTunes software.
- Now, To find the plugins, you need to click on the “Apple Computer option”.
- Therefore, navigate to the “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins”.
- Now, you have to move the plugins to another place and then copy them one after another.
- At last, start the iTunes software and check if it is working or not.
If you are still experiencing the iTunes won’t Open an issue, then copy the rest of the plugins and then try to download it which is the reason for the issue.
Solution 2: Change the Region of iTunes
If the first method is not sufficient to resolve the issue that “iTunes not responding” or “iTunes won’t open”, then you have to change the region of iTunes.
- The first and most important thing is that you have to navigate to the Settings app and keep scrolling until you see “iTunes & App Store”.
- Now, click on the “iTunes & App Store” option to get the login page.
- After that, type your Apple ID and go through the ‘View Apple ID’ option.
- Now, you have to provide your Apple ID and password.
- Therefore, choose the ‘Country/Region’ option and navigate to the ‘Change country or region’ option as well.
- Click on the ‘Next’ icon and then tap on the ‘Agree’ button.
- At the final step, you must review all the instructions that are shown on the screen and complete the entire on-screen process.
After completing the process you must need to Reboot your Windows 10 device once more and check if iTunes is working properly or not. If you are still facing the “iTunes not responding” error then go through the next solution.
Solution 3: Recreate and Restore iTunes Library
Creating a New Library:
If the library is missing or corrupted, you may not able to open iTunes on your Windows device. But there is an effective solution to get rid of the problem.
If you recreate the iTunes library, it can be very effective to solve the problem. Here’s how you can recreate and restore an iTunes library.
- First of all, press the Shift key and click iTunes from the list of options together.
- Now, you will be prompted to either choose an existing library or create a new one.
- You have to click on Create Library and be prepared to give it a random name.
- Then click on the save option.
- Launch iTunes, and see if it’s working fine or still causing trouble. If yes, then it seems that the library is corrupt.
- Now, exit iTunes and try to restore it.
For Restoring the Previous Version:
- First, go to the Library option and click on it.
- After that, navigate to choose the following path that is “C:\Users\ashis\Music\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries”. Copy this and you have to replace it with the name of “iTunes Library”.
- Now, set the library as the default and then click on it.
- Here, we have already shortlisted the possible reasons and possible solutions to fix iTunes wont open in Windows 10 issue. Therefore, follow these methods to get fruitful results.
In the End
But if you face any difficulties, do not think twice to contact us. Leave your valuable words in the comments section and let us know what problem you are facing right now. If you have more technology-related questions, follow our website Bloggergram.