Hey guys today we are going to learn what are the effective solutions to fix stream Content file locked. Many time when users are trying to download or update game from Steam then most of the users are getting irritated by the error Massage that says “Steam content file locked”.
Are you getting irritated by this error? Don’t worry buddy here we will know the causes of this error and 5 effective solutions to fix this error.
Causes of a Steam Content File Locked
There are many reasons behind this issue. All the reasons are those causes will be introduced here.
- If the Winsock catalog is not set correctly, a steam Content File Locked error may occur.
- Sometimes this error can be encountered with the intervention of a reliable antivirus software.
- If the game files are corrupted in some way, you are likely to face this issue.
- Next, you can meet this problem when the hard disk becomes corrupted.
- If the Steam application is not run as an administrator, you may encounter this error.
On the off chance that the Steam application is not run as an administrator, you may face the issue at that point.
Method to Fix Steam Content File Locked
There are five effective solutions to fix your Steam corrupt disk message which occurred by installing a game patch or installing a new game to your game library.
Execute the Steam application as Administrator
If the Steam application is not executed as an administrator then there is a chance for you to face this stream Content file locked error. To fix a content file locked in Steam error is to Execute the Steam application as Administrator. To do this, follow these steps.
- First, locate the Steam icon from the desktop and right-click on it.
- After that,choose the ‘Properties’ option from the pop-up menu.
- As soon as you do this, then a new ‘Properties’ dialog box will appear.
- Now, Inside that dialog box, locate the dialog compatibility tab and select it.
- Therefore, Under this tab, option ‘Run this program as an administrator’ and then put a checkmark on it.
- Next, click on the ‘Apply’ to applies all the settings and ‘OK’ buttons.
- Finally, execute the Steam application and then see if this issue appears.
Set the Winsock once Again
If the Winsock catalog is not working correctly, and still facing this error. The best way to get solution of this error is to set the Winsock catalog once again. To fix this error, follow the steps below.
- First, press both the ‘Windows + R’ keys together. This process will open a ‘Run’ box.
- Now, type the text “cmd” on run box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- After clicking on that button, then a new Command Prompt window will come-up on your windows.
- Therefore, Inside that window, input the following command “netsh winsock reset”.
- then click on the ‘Enter’ key to run the same. Wait for some moment to execute and then exit from the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
Finally, after completing all the process now restart the computer and then check if this error comes up or not when you attempt to update a game within the Steam application.
Corrupt files repair Process
If any of the files in the game you are updating are corrupt, you can also get this error. A possible solution to fix a steam download content file is to fix a steam file locked error corrupted game files. To do this, follow the steps below.
- If it is already open then you have to close the Steam application.
- Next, go through the Steam installation folder, whose path is usually – “C: / Program Files (x86) / Steam”.
- Navigate to the log ‘subfolder’ inside the ‘Steam’ directory and then launch the ‘txt’ file.
- Within that text file, go down and then watch for any existing errors.
- After that, go to the main folder of the game mod and include it.
- Now, restart the Steam application and then go to the download directory with it.
- At this time, the Steam application will prompt to update the game, so do it accordingly.
- Finally, run the game within the Steam application and check if this issue reappears.
Run Check Disk Utility
If the hard disk partition contains the game’s installation file, becomes corrupted in some way, there is a chance for you to face the issue. The only answer to resolve this error is to execute the ‘disk check’ tool and fix the bad sector of the hard drive partition.
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows’ logo and then open the ‘Options menu’.
- Within that menu, find and select the Prom Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- As soon as you do this, a new window named ‘Command Prompt’ will appear.
- Inside that window, type the following command “chkdsk c: / f” and tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Press the ‘Y’ key to confirm disk probe scheduling.
- At this moment, the disk check procedure will begin.
- This process takes very much time to complete, so wait patiently.
- At last, once the check disk process is complete, next, run the game and see if this issue is present or not.
Disable the Reliable Antivirus
If the reliable security software contained within the computer interferes with the game files inside the Steam application, then you can get along with this mess. The correct answer to fix this problem is to disable the trusted antivirus application.
- First, open a trusted security application.
- Then, go to the Settings page and then turn off the real-time scanning option or something similar.
- Now, verify the integrity of game files within the Steam application.
- To do this, follow the sub-steps below.
- Reboot the computer and then open the oot steam application.
- Next, go to the Library section, then right-click the problematic game.
- After that, you have to choose the ‘Properties’ option from the pop-up window.
- In the Tab Properties’ page, locate and select the Local Files tab.
- Under that tab, find and tap the Verify game integrity of the game files button.
- As soon as you click that button, the Steam application will verify the game files.
- This verification process takes some time to complete.
Finally, when the testing process is complete, play the game to see if this error occurs.
Relocation of game and Steam installation Files
If any of the above steps are unable to fix this problem, then Steam is the only true solution for installation and transferring game files. For this to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, open the Steam application and then click on the Settings button.
- As soon as you do this, then a new as settings that page will appear.
- In it, search and click on ‘Download’ option. Next, select the ‘Steam Library Folders’ option within the ‘Downloads’ page.
- Now, on the next page, tap from the ‘Add Library Folder’ button and then choose a new location for the Steam application.
- Exit the Steam application.
- After that, go to the current location of the Steam directory and delete all files and folders there, except the following ones – Steam Apps “,” UserData “.
- Now, cut the deleted folders and paste them into the new location of the steam.
- Finally, open the Steam application and log in once again to see if this issue still exists
I trust by following all the given arrangements, you are effectively fixing the steam content file locked error. If you have any problems with this article then please comment. I will try to solve all the problems. If you want to read more informative article then stay connected with Bloggergram.